Turlock police officer hit by car during burglary call | News
TURLOCK, Calif. - A Turlock police officer was hit by a car when he responded to a report of a burglary Friday evening.
Sgt. Anthony Silva responded to a home on the 100 block of South Berkeley, in west Turlock, around 6:31 p.m., spotted two unknown subject and called for backup, Officer Mayra Lewis said.
As Silva waited for other officers to arrive on scene, he was suddenly hit by another vehicle.
Lewis said when other officers arrived at the scene, medical crews were called to help. Silva was life-flighted to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The driver of the vehicle, who was not involved in the burglary called, stayed at the scene and cooperated with police. Lewis said the driver did not appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Silva's condition was stabilized and is expected to recover from his injuries.
Upcoming Events near Oakdale / Turlock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- “A political Perspective” of Delta College Students
- Delta’s 100th Anniversary time capsule has been cleared for its voyage through time and space!
- Stockton Homeless Clothing Drive at Delta College
- Hundreds of Opportunities at Sacramento’s last 2013 Job Fair!
- The SJDC Jazz Festival presents the group Espacio, with celebrated saxophonist Eric Marienthal