Turlock police officer hit by car during burglary call | News
TURLOCK, Calif. - A Turlock police officer was hit by a car when he responded to a report of a burglary Friday evening.
Sgt. Anthony Silva responded to a home on the 100 block of South Berkeley, in west Turlock, around 6:31 p.m., spotted two unknown subject and called for backup, Officer Mayra Lewis said.
As Silva waited for other officers to arrive on scene, he was suddenly hit by another vehicle.
Lewis said when other officers arrived at the scene, medical crews were called to help. Silva was life-flighted to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The driver of the vehicle, who was not involved in the burglary called, stayed at the scene and cooperated with police. Lewis said the driver did not appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Silva's condition was stabilized and is expected to recover from his injuries.
Top Oakdale / Turlock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Delta College Trustee Janet Rivera & Bipartisan Latino Policymakers Address Needs of Latino Students
- Jobs and More at Stockton’s HIREvent!
- Delta College Citizens’ Oversight Committee Releases 2011/12 Annual Report
- Police release photos of man wanted in Stockton armed bank robbery
- CHP: Arrest made in Stockton drive-by shooting