Kaepernick to make third straight start for 49ers | News
SANTA CLARA, CA - San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh announced Wednesday that Colin Kaepernick will make his third straight start at quarterback on Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.
Kaepernick, the 25-year-old from Turlock, has been impressive since taking over for Alex Smith, who suffered a concussion in a Nov. 11 tie against the Rams.
"We believe Colin has the hot hand, and we're going with Colin," Harbaugh said.
The second-year pro has thrown three touchdown passes and one interception over the last two games. Kaepernick also has a rushing score during that span.
Smith was cleared to play against the Saints this past Sunday, but Harbaugh decided to stick with Kaepernick.
The 49ers sit atop the NFC West with an 8-2-1 record.
Upcoming Events near Oakdale / Turlock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Murder suspect in standoff with deputies in Stockton
- CHP: 3 year old not in car seat dies in Stockton crash
- Calif. water managers open the floodgates a little
- Interconnection: When the Arts Touch, Dance performance at Delta College - April 18 & 19, 8pm
- Annual San Joaquin USA Math Steeplechase Continues to Add Up