Kaepernick to make third straight start for 49ers | News
SANTA CLARA, CA - San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh announced Wednesday that Colin Kaepernick will make his third straight start at quarterback on Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.
Kaepernick, the 25-year-old from Turlock, has been impressive since taking over for Alex Smith, who suffered a concussion in a Nov. 11 tie against the Rams.
"We believe Colin has the hot hand, and we're going with Colin," Harbaugh said.
The second-year pro has thrown three touchdown passes and one interception over the last two games. Kaepernick also has a rushing score during that span.
Smith was cleared to play against the Saints this past Sunday, but Harbaugh decided to stick with Kaepernick.
The 49ers sit atop the NFC West with an 8-2-1 record.
Upcoming Events near Oakdale / Turlock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Everything you need to know about home canning
- One teen killed, another injured in Modesto auto vs. bicycle collision
- CDPH Lifts Warnings about Certain Seafood from Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties
- State approves fines in Turlock robocall case
- Police release identities of 4 poeple found dead in Turlock home