Yosemite officials warn 1,700 of possible hantavirus exposure | News
FRESNO, CA - Yosemite officials have informed 1,700 past visitors they may have been exposed to hantavirus.
The announcement comes a day after the second visitor to the national park died due to the rodent-borne disease.
The first reported death from hantavirus was reported August 16, after lab tests revealed a visitor to the Curry Village Campground had contracted the disease and died in July. The man's female companion had also contracted the virus, but was successfully treated.