Turlock turns 49er (and Kaepernick) red | Fun
TURLOCK, CA - The home town of 49er quarterback Colin Kaepernick is definitely showing it's support for the local kid and his team in this Sunday's Super Bowl.
Kaepernick became a star athlete in baseball and football at Pitman High School in Turlock, before focusing only on football at the University of Nevada in Reno. He's in his second season with the 49ers, and took over the starting quarterback job when Alex Smith suffered a concussion.
For some reason, the biggest displays of 49er fever is happening at hair and nail salons in Turlock.
"I've got it decorated inside, having the super bowl party at my house. I'm doing it big time," Headlines owner Diane Campbell said.
She joked that she's not worried if her support or 49er red and gold insults fans of some other local team.
"Lot of Raider fans here; that's what I have insurance for," Campbell said laughing.
Upcoming Events near Oakdale / Turlock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dozens of tips phoned in on 4th suspect in Stockton shootout
- FBI, U.S. Marshals looking for Stockton fugitive wanted on a drug indictment
- Verve Networks nationally recognized
- Reward for 4th suspect in Stockton bank robbery, shootout upped to $50k
- Change of venue request likely in case of Stockton shootout suspect