Fans in 49ers QB Kaepernick's hometown of Turlock celebrate | Fun
TURLOCK, Calif. - Screaming fans jumped from their chairs and cheered Turlock's Colin Kaepernick as the San Francisco 49ers took apart the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football.
Kaepernick attended Pitman High School in Turlock, where he lettered in three sports before going on to play as quarterback for University of Nevada, Reno.
"We love him. He's so perfect tonight. He's doing a great job," said one delirious female fan as Kaepernick took the Niners to an unchallenged lead at the half.
Nearly everyone watching on a big-screen TV at Lamp Post Pizza seemed to have a personal connection.
"I actually coached baseball against Collin Kaepernick. He's a great kid. We love him," Lamp Post Pizza Owner Kevin Brophy said.
"Nick Brown, my little nephew, played running back when Keapernick was quarterback at Pitman High," said Randy Longnecker, who said he's been a fan ever since.
Even devoted Chicago Bears fan Ramiro Zepeda said he was rooting for Kaepernick to win.
"I'm from Turlock. Of course I'm gonna root for him," Zepeda said as he sipped beer and ate pizza.
"It means Alex better watch out," said Niners fan Jacquie Kinimaka, referring to the team's top quarterback, Alex Smith.
Upcoming Events near Oakdale / Turlock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- “A political Perspective” of Delta College Students
- Delta’s 100th Anniversary time capsule has been cleared for its voyage through time and space!
- Stockton Homeless Clothing Drive at Delta College
- Hundreds of Opportunities at Sacramento’s last 2013 Job Fair!
- The SJDC Jazz Festival presents the group Espacio, with celebrated saxophonist Eric Marienthal