3 cats shot with darts found in Newman neighborhood | Crime
NEWMAN, CA - Three cats that were shot with darts from a cross bow were found walking in a northeast Newman neighborhood Saturday.
Residents in the area of Sweetgum Lane, Amy Drive and Sumac Lane called Newman police around 9:30 a.m., noon and 4 p.m. to report seeing the abused cats, Cpl. Jason Gosselin said.
Two cats were taken to West Side Vet Hospital and the other was taken to G Bar N Vet Hospital for treatment.
"If a person is going to do this to an animal, they will upgrade to a child," cat owner Mary Romo said.
Romo said her cat Bella was shot in the eye with a dart.
"It was all the way in and the tip was sticking out her eye," Romo said.
Newman police said they are investigating but don't have any suspect information.
Veterinarians said the cats injuries were non-life threatening and are expected to survive - one cat was hit in the chest; one in the back and one in the left eye. Gosselin said the darts were about 6 inches long.
Anyone with information is urged to call Newman police at 209-862-2902
Upcoming Events near Oakdale / Turlock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The SJDC Jazz Festival presents the group Espacio, with celebrated saxophonist Eric Marienthal
- Celebrate "Navidad en Mexico" at Delta College's Atherton Auditorium on Dec.5 8pm
- $60 Million in Training Funds Available to California Business Owners
- SJDC Culinary Arts Winter Feast, Dec. 11
- Ceremony of Carols Delta College's Winter Choral Concert Dec. 4, 7:30pm