Body found in Escalon is identified | Crime
ESCALON, CA - A homicide investigation is underway after a woman was found dead near an Escalon road early morning on New Year's Day.
Thursday, the San Joaquin County coroner released the name of the victim. She was 23-year-old Lynette Lena Garza, a resident of Modesto.
The California Highway Patrol responded to the 25800 block of River Road around 3:40 a.m. on Tuesday to a possible vehicle crash, San Joaquin County sheriff's Deputy Les Garcia said.
When officers arrived, they found an abandoned vehicle on the road and Garza's body 60 feet from the vehicle, down an embankment.
Garcia said the body had obvious signs of severe trauma, but the official cause of death was pending an autopsy.
The investigation into Garza's death is ongoing.
Upcoming Events near Oakdale / Turlock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 1 arrested, 1 hospitalized in roommate fight over dirty dishes
- D.A.: No charges for Manteca pastor in Vegas man's 2013 death
- A man was suspected of using counterfeit cards to buy more than $500 worth of Applebee's gift cards
- Reader Showcase // A Swingset for Two
- Ripon police chief takes down armed robbery suspect
- Delta levees pass inspection after Napa earthquake
- California Transportation Commission Awards $221 Million in Active Transportation Program Funds Stat
- Stockton police union helps needy school for 5th year
- Stockton Beer Week is back for the 3rd year and bigger than ever!
- Are Stockton loitering signs helping or hurting?