Body found in Escalon is identified | Crime
ESCALON, CA - A homicide investigation is underway after a woman was found dead near an Escalon road early morning on New Year's Day.
Thursday, the San Joaquin County coroner released the name of the victim. She was 23-year-old Lynette Lena Garza, a resident of Modesto.
The California Highway Patrol responded to the 25800 block of River Road around 3:40 a.m. on Tuesday to a possible vehicle crash, San Joaquin County sheriff's Deputy Les Garcia said.
When officers arrived, they found an abandoned vehicle on the road and Garza's body 60 feet from the vehicle, down an embankment.
Garcia said the body had obvious signs of severe trauma, but the official cause of death was pending an autopsy.
The investigation into Garza's death is ongoing.
Upcoming Events near Oakdale / Turlock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- CDPH Issues Penalties to Eight Hospitals
- Beat the headache of finding a parking spot at the Modesto Grand Prix!
- Everything you need to know about home canning
- One teen killed, another injured in Modesto auto vs. bicycle collision
- CDPH Lifts Warnings about Certain Seafood from Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties
- Dozens of tips phoned in on 4th suspect in Stockton shootout
- FBI, U.S. Marshals looking for Stockton fugitive wanted on a drug indictment
- Verve Networks nationally recognized
- Reward for 4th suspect in Stockton bank robbery, shootout upped to $50k
- Change of venue request likely in case of Stockton shootout suspect